Secure PATH

wombat at ccvaxa.UUCP wombat at ccvaxa.UUCP
Mon Sep 15 10:41:00 AEST 1986

/* Written  4:28 pm  Sep  9, 1986 by ronc at fai.UUCP in ccvaxa:net.unix */
In article <5991 at alice.uUCp> ark at alice.UucP (Andrew Koenig) writes:
>If you put the current directory at the end of the search path,
>the hassle is much less and the advantage is almost as great.
***
Doesn't help you in the case of popular misspelling of commands,
like 'sl' and 'mial'.
/* End of text from ccvaxa:net.unix */

This is easy to avoid with csh - I usually alias my most common misspellings
(sl, diris, jbos, tial, amke, ...).

"Our first order of business will be to find a deranged alchemist, which
should not be very difficult. China," said Master Li, "is overstocked
with deranged alchemists."
Barry Hughart, *Bridge of Birds*		Wombat
					ihnp4!uiucdcs!ccvaxa!wombat