help w/ Momentum Sys III Unix machine

Stephen J Friedl friedl at vsi.UUCP
Tue Feb 23 03:12:53 AEST 1988

     Hi folks, hope I'm posting this in the right place.  We
recently picked up a (very) used Momentum Unix box at an auction.
There is no marking on it to lead us to the manufacturer's city
-- we think they have bitten the dust.  The machine has a 68000,
a pair of 80MB hard drives, a tape drive, and runs Unisoft Sys III.
One of the Momentum-provided backup scripts has Bob Nystrom's name
in it.  We got this guy pretty cheap -- only $75.

     Does anybody know anything about this machine?  We bought
the machine for the hard drives but considering the machine seems
to work we will use it for a little printer spooler or something.
We are certainly not looking to spend a lot of money on this, but
a boot tape would be helpful in case our primary drive goes out.
Unisoft has not been real helpful and I thought I might try the
net.

     Thanks,
     Steve