A deluge of email

Dave Learn learnd at lafcol
Mon Jun 12 17:39:20 AEST 1989

[This really isn't the place for this, but I guess he needs the help.
 Might I suggest that followups go to news.admin or something?  - Der]

Help!  I'm being engulfed by email!!

About a week ago, I tried to post an article to soc.religion.christian,
and was informed by our UNIX system that SRC is moderated, and hence,
cannot be posted to directly.  That was no problem, however, because the
computer would forward the article to Mr Moderator for me.

That's no problem.

The problem is this -- every computer along the way has sent me my
article back with a notice saying that the SRC is moderated, and I need
to send my article myself via email.  Each of them does this about ten
times, and then forwards it to another computer, which does the same
exact thing.  In other words, I am getting -- this is no joke -- about
400 letter clones *each day*.  To make matters worse, I can't even wade
through this flood because so many of them contain NULL characters.

Is there any way on Earth that I can stop these letters from sweeping me
away?  Can I kill the job?  Put something in my profile that keeps these
letters from reaching me?  Does anyone have a routine I can put in my
profile that eliminates NULLs?

Please don't respond by email, I've got more than enough already. 8-)
Please *do* post the solution(s) here, I can read this safely... so far.

Why do I feel as though my harmless, witty posting has become a
malignant virus?

			\ __/
dave learn		  \ (_
			  (_/		<- That's supposed to
			  ___		   be New Zealand
"My boss is a 		 /  /		   (I'm kind of new to
Jewish carpenter."	/__/		   computer art!!)
Rapture (RAP shur), n: A road trip you do not want to miss.