AT&T 7300 Unix PC, AT&T 3B1

Ken Firestone kenf1 at aplcen.apl.jhu.edu
Sun Oct 8 05:57:32 AEST 1989

I am considering purchasing one of these beasts for around
$500, and I need help on knowing what I should look for, and
what I'm getting into.

How much, if any, support is available, new releases of stuff,
etc.  How is the software bundled? Does it come with a c compiler,
AWK, YACC, VI, man, etc, or is this extra and available?
Can you run news on this machine? IF so do you need additional
disk? What is involved in adding more disk? A faster modem? Does
it have slots? What usually has to be added? What about versions
of hardware and software?  Is there anyone at ATT who I can call
for more info?

Please reply to me by mail.  if there is interest, I'll summerize.
Also please feel free to add anything else I should know.

Thanks

--

Ken Firestone

UUCP: ...!allegra!mimsy!aplcen!kenf1