An idea probably discarded many times

Richard Stueven gak at sun.com
Sun Oct 15 08:31:05 AEST 1989

>Since one of Unix's claims to fame is the fact that "everything is a file",
>why aren't processes treated the same way?  I think it would be a nice
>addition to Unix to have a virtual '/proc' directory mounted in the file

While I was with AT&T, we heard lots of rumors from Bell Labs about
this feature being incorporated into SVR4.  I should stress that they're
just rumors, as I never saw any formal requirements or anything like
that...but I'm keeping my eyes open!

And I agree with you...it will be a nice addition.

have fun

gak

--
Richard Stueven       gak at sun.com       ...!attmail!rstueven
***These opinions belong to Ernie and his little pal Gus.***