Setting EDITOR

Lindsay Patten lindsay at watnext.waterloo.edu
Tue Sep 19 09:16:40 AEST 1989

How can one set up one's EDITOR variable to pick the right emacs version
even in the face of scripts which set their own paths?  Previously, I set
my path so that I got the right one but now some scripts set their own path
and I end up getting the wrong emacs.  What is the best way of setting this
variable?

Thanks,
Lindsay Patten            "People are package deals - No substitutions allowed"
Pattern Analysis & Machine Intelligence Group                   lindsay at watnext
Department of Systems Design Engineering           lindsay at watnext.waterloo.edu
University of Waterloo              {utai|decvax|uunet}!watmath!watnext!lindsay