Looking for Unix CASE tools - Summary

Todd Rimmer todd at tredysvr.Tredydev.Unisys.COM
Fri Dec 7 09:41:45 AEST 1990

Earlier I had made a request for information about configuration management
CASE tools for Unix.  I was looking for a tool that would help us to
maintain our V4.0 Unix source base as well as other development.

I had a number of requests for information, so I am posting the results of
my search thus far.  As I have not yet selected a tool for our project, I
will limit my evaluation of the products which I have been informed of:

1. Aide-de-Camp
	Software Maintenance and Development Systems, Inc.
	PO Box 555
	Concord, MA 01742
	(508) 369-7398.
2. Amplify(R) Control
	Sales Department
	CaseWare, Inc.
	3530 Hyland Ave. #115
	Costa Mesa, CA 92626
	(714) 754 0308
	FAX: (714) 754 1568
3. A couple of SCCS front ends whose licensing or product
   status is yet to be determined.

I have found that a local Unisys group is currently using Aide-de-Camp
in conjunction with an Empress (sp?) database system to maintain source
and design information for government projects.  I have yet to see a demo,
but they seemed pleased with its operation.

I am still working on obtaining more information about Amplify Control.
It apparently has not yet been ported to our platform (386 PC/AT AT&T Unix).

I welcome any information about either of these products, especially
opinions and comments from people who have used these tools for maintaining
a large source base.  If anyone is aware of other similar products, let me know.

					Thanks to all who replied,
					Todd Rimmer
					Unisys Tredyffrin, Pa
					todd at tredysvr.Tredydev.Unisys.Com