John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Thu Dec 27 11:32:51 AEST 1990

>make and RCS are similarly well integrated, if you have a modern version of
>make, e.g. GNU make 3.58.  For older makes, you can use the trick described
>above.

Except for the initial checkout of Makefile.  I have two versions of a
collection of software I manage in SCCS right now.  The version is
selected by a flag contained in the Makefile.  If there is no currently
checked out version, it gets the latest one.  "Standard" make won't do
this if RCS is used.  I'd love to run GNU software, but I just don't
have the disk space to spare ;-)
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832                           Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org