Norton Utilities Under UNIX 386?

John R. Levine johnl at esegue.segue.boston.ma.us
Thu Mar 8 09:43:56 AEST 1990

In article <3555 at zorba.Tynan.COM> belanger at philmtl.philips.ca (Robert Belanger) writes:
>    I was looking in the "On the Road to Commercial UNIX" in the
>"Executive UniForum Symposium" April 26-28, 1989 and I noticed that
>A Company named Segue Software, Inc. founded by M. Peter G. Weiner
>was porting "The Norton Utilities". ...

We are indeed porting the Norton Utilities, though reimplementing turns out
to be a better word -- undeleting files under Unix is handled completely
differently that it was under DOS, for example.  We'll be shipping it sometime
this year (he said, vaguely) initially on 386 systems, soon after on others.

If anyone wants to send me a paper mail address, I'll send you an announcement
when it's ready.
--
John R. Levine, Segue Software, POB 349, Cambridge MA 02238, +1 617 864 9650
johnl at esegue.segue.boston.ma.us, {ima|lotus|spdcc}!esegue!johnl