How to stop mail fail reports cc:ing to Postmaster?

Peter Scott pjs at euclid.jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Oct 21 04:12:39 AEST 1990

Mail fail reports are cc'ed to Postmaster (I assume; they go to
root, and postmaster is aliased to root) on this SunOS4.1
system.  It is quite sufficient for me that they go to the
originator, and I would like them not to go to root as well,
so I don't have to wade through that kind of thing as root.
So far, the only suggestion I've had is to disable the
postmaster alias, which I'm not going to do.  Is there another
way?  Is there a way even if it only applies to the mailer
daemon running on my own machine, rather than problems caused
at remote machines?  Thanks.

[ It is the "PPostmaster" line in the sendmail.cf which sets
  the alias where bounced mail gets sent to. Just take this line
  out if you don't want "Postmaster" to get failed mail.     clp ]

--
This is news.  This is your       |    Peter Scott, NASA/JPL/Caltech
brain on news.  Any questions?    |    (pjs at aristotle.jpl.nasa.gov)