recording keyboard and mouse actions

David Noble dnoble at jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 10 13:50:28 AEST 1990

        Are there any programs that record keystrokes and mouse actions
      for later playback, available for a workstation running SunOS 4.1 ?

I'm looking for a way to recreate identical runs of a program. This is so
software testing can be automatically reproduced in cases where a program
can't be driven by script file.

There are PD 'keyboard+mouse' macro packages like this for home computers,
so hopefully there's already something like this for a Sun. In case I have to
write it myself, does anyone have suggestions on where to look for good
Sun I/O info ?

You probably noticed I never mention a specific workstation model, because
A) I hope to find something reasonably portable (so call me an optimist) and
B) I'm not really sure what machine will end up running it (the real reason)

Any help/tips/suggestions would be _much_ appreciated. Thanx in advance!

                               David Noble

                       dnoble at jpl-devvax.jpl.nasa.gov