Screen libraries comments/experiences (espec. from outside US)

Stig Jacobsen shj at login.dkuug.dk
Wed Oct 10 13:34:55 AEST 1990

Howdy everybody,

We're looking for a screen library to run under System V/386 r3.2.
It should do all the usual stuff, such as windows, menus, input
forms, colours, etc.

We have some special requirements:

 o A screen designer, which easily allows to design menus, forms,
   etc. It should preferably output screen files, instead of C
   source code.

 o Support for input and output of 8-bit characters (16 or 24-bits
   would be nice too!).

 o I/O translate tables for each terminal type. There seems to be
   as many international character sets, as there are ASCII
   terminals...

 o Source code, also for the screen designer (if any).

 o Built-in simple texteditor with wordwrap, that allows short
   (one screen or less) messages to be entered.

 o Security levels on menu items. E.g. users with an insufficient
   level, would not be permitted to select certain menu items. This
   could also be implemented by way of a list of priviliged users
   for each menu item.

I do not expect to find a library that has _all_ of these
features, but I'd very much like to hear about libraries that
implement some of them and that you have experience with.
Especially regarding the national characters, etc.

Please reply by mail. I will summarize later if I get enough
replies. Thanks.

--
Stig Jacobsen
shj at login.dkuug.dk