Coherent

Mark Tovey tuv at pmafire.UUCP
Wed Oct 10 13:00:39 AEST 1990

>Has anybody had any experience with it.  I am think of buying it
>(at $99 its even cheaper than ESIX!!).
>Any comments comments will be welcome.

I have Coherent on my system but I am afraid I won't be of much help as
this is my first experience with UNIX and haven't much chance to utilize
it yet. From what I have gathered from other people who have it, it is a
full blown UNIX system and performs quite well. It is a multiuser,
multitasking system and comes complete with such utilites as yacc, lex,
uucp, etc. My feeling is that for $99 I couldn't go wrong.
	                                Mark

>Has anyone received their copy of "Coherent" "unix" yet?  They claim they
>just started shipping (even though I ordered it about 1.5 months ago).

I ordered mine in June and received it a couple of weeks ago. It took
several phone calls to jog their memories and at one point they even
lost the original order. At this point they made a special effort to
get a copy to me. Part of the problem appears to be that they did not
expect to get as great a response to it as they got. Also, they
recently moved into a new building. As you can imagine, this would
destroy any resemblance to order for a while. My suggestion is to call
every couple of weeks or so to keep them thinking about it.