org. of local man(1) pages

James Brister brister at decwrl.dec.com
Wed Oct 24 12:52:42 AEST 1990

On 17 Oct 90 16:14:32 GMT, tchrist at convex.com (Tom Christiansen) said:

> Furthermore, if you have perl, you can get my man program, which has quite
> a lot of other features as well, including maintaining the whatis database
> in DBM form and dynamic indexing of man pages allowing "man ksh/alias" or
> "man perl//study".  Retrieve it from the pub/perl/scripts/tchrist/man/
> subdirectory on tut.cis.ohio-state.edu .  The program is described in "The
> Answer to All Man's Problems", Proceedings of the 1990 USENIX Large
> Systems Administration Conference (LISA) IV, Colorado Springs, CO, October
> 17-19, 1990.

I just got back from LISA and saw Tom's talk--his program looks very
interesting and is definitely worth checking out. (Couldn't solve all this
man's problems though :-)

James
--
James Brister                                           brister at decwrl.dec.com
DEC Western Software Lab., Palo Alto, CA    {uunet,sun,pyramid}!decwrl!brister