Wanted: Pointers to Unix hosted on IBM 4381 (like 370)

Heiby usenet at cuae2.UUCP
Sun May 18 01:17:53 AEST 1986

A little more than three weeks ago i posted a query to net.unix and
net.wanted for pointers to (and relative merits of) Unix hosted on IBM
4381 machines.  Unfortunately, during two of the intervening three
weeks our connection to usenet was entirely down (due to a head crash
on the spooling disk and extenuating events), so i have missed any
received any responses.  Our net contact has now stabilized.  If you
did send (or post) any response, i'd appreciate it very much if you
would send it once again to me.

I mentioned in that message that the IBM is running VM/SP, with CMS
and a retinue of what are apparently standard IBM VM products (i'm
only peripherally associated with the IBM), and that it's not clear
what constraints we would have on configuring Unix on the machine.

Incidentally, i concurrently posted a similar request for C hosted
on the IBM, and the only response i've gotten so far was from a
coworker here at this lab, who suggested looking into the SAS
lattice C port.  I've found an SAS advertisement in _The C Journal_,
vol 1, # 4, Winter 1986, and am just in the process of contacting
the company.
Thanks for your attention...,

Ken Manheimer	Integrated Systems Group, Factory Automation Systems Division
		National Bureau of Standards
UUCP:  ...!seismo!nbs-amrf!manheime (`nbs-amrf.UUCP.arpa!manheime' *may* work)
BELL: (301)921-2171
USmail: National Bureau of Standards; Metrology A127; Gaithersburg, MD  20899
--
Ron Heiby {NAC|ihnp4}!cuae2!usenet   Moderator: mod.newprod & mod.os.unix
AT&T-IS, /app/eng, Lisle, IL	(312) 810-6109