Storage allocators

John Quarterman jsq at ut-sally.UUCP
Tue Aug 6 01:12:28 AEST 1985

Date: Mon, 5 Aug 85 10:04:43 edt
From: Arnold Robbins <gatech!arnold>
To: gwyn at brl.arpa
Subject: Re: alloca()
Cc: cbosgd!std-c, ut-sally!std-unix

Well, I just sort of liked the idea of using storage on the stack. It
is really nice for dynamic arrays.  I'll agree that it can lead to poor
coding practices.  The Gould must have a very interesting architecture
if alloca wouldn't work on it.

Arnold

Discussions-Of: UNIX standards, particularly the IEEE P1003 draft standard.
Submissions-To:	ut-sally!std-unix	or std-unix at ut-sally.ARPA
Comments-To: ut-sally!std-unix-request	or std-unix-request at ut-sally.ARPA
UUCP-Routes: {ihnp4,seismo,harvard,gatech}!ut-sally!std-unix
Archives-In: ~ftp/pub/mod.std.unix on ut-sally.ARPA (soon sally.UTEXAS.EDU)