IEEE 1003.1 P.55

std-unix at ut-sally.UUCP std-unix at ut-sally.UUCP
Sun Dec 14 03:54:06 AEST 1986

From: seismo!gatech!emory!arnold at sally.utexas.edu (Arnold D. Robbins {EUCC})
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 86 13:36:36 EST

	Shouldn't there be some indication in errno that no conversion
was found [ by settz -mod ]? Otherwise, how is one's code supposed to know
that the string passed to settz() was valid and settz() couldn't find a
conversion? Both return -1!

[ Maybe EINVAL?  -mod ]

>4.5.4.2  Description
>	The localtime() function converts the calendar time pointed to
	    ^^^^^^^^^^^
I think that this should be 'ctime', as that is the functionality
desribed by the next two lines:

>by timer to local time in the form of a string.  It is equivalent to
>	asctime(localtime(timer))

Otherwise, the proposal looks good to me!
---
Arnold Robbins
CSNET:	arnold at emory	BITNET:	arnold at emoryu1
ARPA:	arnold%emory.csnet at csnet-relay.arpa
UUCP:	{ akgua, decvax, gatech, sb1, sb6, sunatl }!emory!arnold

Volume-Number: Volume 8, Number 66