1003.2 Command Groups

std-unix at ut-sally.UUCP std-unix at ut-sally.UUCP
Sun Feb 1 16:20:19 AEST 1987

>Everyone who participates in this newsgroup influences (to some
>degree) the thoughts of the committee. We do this via USENET, which
>is brought to you through the (dubious) miracle of UUCP. Doesn't it
>seem a bit silly to "unstandardize" the software that helped us
>develop the standard... :-)

Perhaps you use UUCP, but I use DOD Internet protocols and
don't wish to have UUCP forced on my environment.

Network standards are a whole nother ball game and do NOT
belong in the POSIX standard.

Certainly a real-world computer system will benefit from
standards other than POSIX, for example, graphics standards.
That doesn't mean that POSIX needs to include such standards.

Volume-Number: Volume 9, Number 53