HP proposal - minor bug in bug

Moderator, John Quarterman std-unix at ut-sally.UUCP
Sun Jan 18 10:37:47 AEST 1987

From: seismo!enea!chalmers.UUCP!bergsten
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 87 00:23:41 -0100

>From: colonel%buffalo.csnet at relay.cs.net
>Date: Wed, 24 Dec 86 10:08:01 EST
>
>> From: colonel%buffalo.csnet at relay.cs.net
>> Date: Tue, 16 Dec 86 12:29:00 EST
>>
>> 2. If the year begins on Saturday and ends on Monday, it will have 54
>>    weeks.  Obviously they cannot be numbered 00 to 52!
>
>Come to think of it, that would be a rather long year! ........

My pocket calendar states that according to swedish standard
(which it claims was derived from ISO rules and formally accepted 1972):

	" .... Monday is regarded as the first day of the week, and the first
	 week which has at least four days of the new year is week 1 ..."

Apparently some international committee decided on
how to number weeks 15 years ago!!

It takes some courage to produce and publish a standard document when you know
that at any time somebody may stumble on proud words of days past.

Keep up the good work!!
Regards,

	Per Bergsten		...!mcvax!enea!chalmers!bergsten.UUCP

Volume-Number: Volume 9, Number 22