On flames and sources

Bob Ames bob at rush.cts.com
Sun Jul 17 06:57:19 AEST 1988

In article <563 at bacchus.UUCP>, darren at bacchus.UUCP (Darren Friedlein) writes:
> I'm afraid I have to disagree.  I haven't seen a program come through
> unix-pc.sources that was incomplete or not ported.  My experience with
> moderated newsgroups is that it takes forever to get programs out
> (especially if you're going to test them first).
>
> I think a better compromise would be to find someone (maybe Lenny) who
> is willing to keep all the sources that are posted on-line for ftp.

I agree with Darrin.

I vote *no* for any moderation, though rush will carry and unofficially
archive unix-pc.ALL (this means any new groups as well) from now on, and
has been doing so for a while.

We sure do need an archive site, though.  I'd be willing to send what I've
got online to anyone who wished to poll.  I never expire unix-pc newsgroups.
I have 2400 Baud UUCP.  I'm normally in San Diego area although until mid-
september I'm in southern Idaho.  (yuck |-)  I'll see California this week
though!!!!!!

If someone has pointers on getting UUCP/smail/news set up on SUN 3/50s or
4/110s, please let me know, since I will do this soon here in Southern Idaho.
I've got a trailbalzer TB+ on it's way here now.  It'll be running on suns
running 4.2 unix and *NO HDB* |-/.  Can the Trailblazer talk on DARPA net
using X.25?  How do I get access to this?  Anybody know how to get a registered
domain?  I tried mailing to someone at stargate, but never heard anything.

Sorry about the length of this posting.

Bob Ames      INET: bob at rush.cts.com

Howard Publications, Inc.   Bell: 208-733-0931
UUCP: {rutgers!ucsd, nosc, hplabs!hp-sdd}!crash!rush!bob
"I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!"

"We each pay a fabulous price - for our visions of paradise." - N Peart 1987