Crossposting within unix-pc.*

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.UUCP
Mon Jul 4 14:45:36 AEST 1988

In article <4675 at killer.UUCP> loci at killer.UUCP (loci!clb) writes:
|>In article <408 at icus.UUCP>, lenny at icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
|>> If the unix-pc community really wants moderated unix-pc.sources, I
|>> volunteer. (I don't know if I have Rich $alz charisma, but why not :->)
|>>
|>	Delusions of granduer? The volume in these groups would be
|>	quite low if people didn't use them to belly-ache all the
|>	time. Useful stuff will easily fit into the existing groups.

*FLAME ON*
You seem to always take things out of context, don't you.  If you
happen to look back on the article that I "replied" to it was in
reference to possibily getting an *OFFICIAL* moderator for unix-pc.sources.
While their might be various people archiving the sources groups, it
usually is the job of the moderator.

As far as delusions of granduer... I think I can talk for quite a number
of unix-pc.* readers in saying that I have participated in many discussions,
started many myself and I have an excellent reputation with the net-at-large.
I was just offering my ongoing assistance in being the moderator to
the unix-pc.sources group, if the majority wanted it!
*FLAME OFF*

|>	All the unix-pc.sources for the past  year or so are in the
|>	"killer" archives. These are admin'd by wisner at killer and
|>	are readily available to everyone.

Yes, I know this.  I was just offering a solution.  If Bill want's to
offer one himself, by all means!!

|>	Let's restrain the urge to pollute the net with further
|>	chatter until a real need arises. The groups that exist
|>	at present are adequate to meet the need.

As for "polluting" the net, I certainly disagree with you.  My posed solution
wouldn't increase the net traffic, it would only categorize articles, and
avoid lumping them into vague newsgroups like unix-pc.general.

I might have gotten carried away with all the new groups, but maybe
a few other specific groups would be a viable solution.  If everyone wants
to keep things the way they are, so be it... If there are more people out
there who are thinking the same as I, speak up!

Yes, I realize the traffic in unix-pc.* is low, and therefore go against
my unix-pc.general reorganization.

|>			CLBrunow - KA5SOF
|>	Loci Products, POB 833846-131, Richardson, Texas 75083
|>	   clb at loci.uucp, loci at killer.uucp, loci at csccat.uucp

-Lenny
--
Paper-net: Lenny Tropiano          | @-net:         lenny at icus.UUCP
           ICUS Software Systems   | !-net:      ...att    \