1M to 2M revisited...

Vance Morrison morrison at eecs.nwu.edu
Wed Jul 20 06:23:41 AEST 1988

Hello,

I have some friendly advice for those interested in upgrading the
motherboard ram.  It is not as easy as plugging in the ram chips.
I have the schematics and after looking them over carefully the
upgrade would require installing some resistor banks (33 ohm) and some
2 - 1 multiplexers as well as some cuts and jumpers and even THEN
I am not sure that the software will pay attention to it.

Mind you I do think it can be done (I intend to do it when memory
becomes reasonable again) but I would be VERY suprized if it could
be done ad hoc.

Sorry to be so pesimistic, but I wanted to let you know what you
are in for.

Vance Morrison