File Transfer Programs

Darren Friedlein darren at bacchus
Tue May 10 21:17:16 AEST 1988

In article <2311 at ukecc.engr.uky.edu> edward at engr.uky.edu (Edward C. Bennett) writes:
>Even if that works, you still only have one protocol available in the
><Shift><Cmd> menu of local commands. Why oh why can't we get the source...

rz will automatically switch between zmodem, ymodem or xmodem depending on
what it sees from the other computer, so if you replaced umodem with rz,
you should be able use any of those protocolls.  BUT, ATE sends umodem a
file name which, I think, will throw rz into xmodem mode.  I'm not sure
what other parameters ATE sends umodem, but I doubt that they all work on
rz.  What's needed is a go-between program, or you could just get Pcomm
and save yourself a lot of trouble.

>--
>Edward C. Bennett				DOMAIN: edward at engr.uky.edu
>(606) 257-4938				UUCP: {cbosgd|uunet}!ukma!ukecc!edward
>"Goodnight M.A."				BITNET: edward%ukecc.uucp at ukma
>	"He's become a growling, snarling mass of white-hot canine terror"

         ____
        /    \
       |                                 Rt 4, Box 416, Durham, NC 27703
  _____|_____     Darren G. Friedlein      data (bacchus) : 919/596-7746
 /     |     \                                      voice : 919/596-9492
 \____/    __/      {mcnc|icus|ethos|gladys|bakerst}!bacchus!darren