Gcc 1.30 loses in battle with C-TeX 2.21

Alex S. Crain alex at umbc3.UMD.EDU
Wed Nov 9 06:18:57 AEST 1988

In article <443 at manta.pha.pa.us> brant at manta.pha.pa.us (Brant Cheikes) writes:
>I tried putting gcc 1.30 "through its paces" by using it to build the
>latest version of C-TeX (2.21); the results aren't good.

	I remember this being a problem with C-tex, not gcc. GCC does fancy
register allocation, which can confuse programs that assume that data will be
stored on the stack (like setjmp/longjmp). This issue (C-tex) came over
the info-gcc mailing list last month, and the result was fixes for C-tex. I
confess that I didn't pay much attention to the discussion, other than casual
interest, so I don't remember the name of the offending C-tex code.

--
					:alex.
					Systems Programmer
alex at umbc3.umd.edu