Should I post binaries for GCC 1.30???

Wolfson wolfer at ihuxy.ATT.COM
Fri Oct 28 02:59:14 AEST 1988

In article <449 at mfgfoc.uucp>, mike at mfgfoc.uucp (Mike Thompson) writes:
> From article <441 at manta.pha.pa.us>, by brant at manta.pha.pa.us (Brant Cheikes):
> > As others have alluded to, bootstrapping GNU CC 1.30 on a UNIXpc is
> > pure hell if you don't already have GNU CC running.  I suspect that I

> about 800k before uuencoding.  I didn't use an older version of
> gcc to bootstrap and went through the headache of using the supplied
> version of 'cc'.  My binaries seem to be pretty stable.  They passed
> the stage2 test for making GCC.  If anyone has any questions on making
> GCC 1.30, I can try to help.

I'm interested, but I'm not sure if my system is large enough. I've
only got 1 meg RAM and 20 meg miniscribe. Will the system work
reasonably will on a UNIXpc this size? The reason I ask is because
Mike says he has it on a 3B1 which I though meant 2 meg RAM, 67 meg
HD. But, whatever that case, It world be great to have the binaries
posted (with instructions, system size requirements, docs. etc.).