Daylight savings time problem

Lenny Tropiano lenny at icus.islp.ny.us
Tue Apr 4 13:37:39 AEST 1989

In article <9139 at alice.UUCP> wilber at alice.UUCP (Bob Wilber) writes:
|>I too have applied the binary patcher that Lenny posted to all relevant
|>programs, and my TZ variable is set to EST5EDT, yet the dates displayed
|>are still not adjusted for daylight savings time.  I'd like to know if
|>there's a way to make it work.
|>
|>Bob Wilber  wilber at research.att.com

If you applied the appropriate binary patches AFTER the 2:00AM deadline
on April 2nd, then you're clock won't AUTOMATICALLY go ahead one hour.
You'll notice it will keep the same time, but the TIMEZONE will now
read EDT (or CDT, PDT, or etc...).  If that's the case, just set your
clock one hour ahead by hand.

-Lenny
--
Lenny Tropiano             ICUS Software Systems         [w] +1 (516) 582-5525
lenny at icus.islp.ny.us      Telex; 154232428 ICUS         [h] +1 (516) 968-8576