UNIXpc nroff driver tables [REPOST]

Gary S. Trujillo gst at gnosys.UUCP
Fri Mar 24 17:04:43 AEST 1989

In article <705 at jhereg.Jhereg.MN.ORG> mark at jhereg.MN.ORG (Mark H. Colburn) writes:
> In article <130 at gnosys.UUCP> gst at gnosys.UUCP (Gary S. Trujillo [me]) writes:
> >I have been trying to follow the instructions in NTERM(5) of the 3.51
> >Users' Manual (Volume 1) to construct a driver table to let me get at
> >special characters on my NEC P2200 printer.  The problem is that these
> >characters commonly require output of a character whose magnitude is
> >greater than those defined in the standard ASCII character set...
>
> The key is to add a % before 8 bit values.  I found this out by digging
> through the source code for ditroff.  It was not in the manual anywhere,
> *sigh*.

Mark is right.  It works just fine on the 3B1.  Thanks to him and also
to ilan343 at berkeley.violet.edu for making the same suggestion, as well
as to Wolf Paul, who suggested a nroff post-processor, such as that found
in the comp.sources.unix "nroffgraphics" tools (volume 15) and Stephen J.
Friedl, who sent some actual code he wrote.  It's really to have you guys
out there - your suggestions saved me a lot of time and aggravation!

	Gary
--
Gary S. Trujillo			      {linus,bbn,m2c}!spdcc!gnosys!gst
Somerville, Massachusetts		     {icus,ima,stech,wjh12}!gnosys!gst