MSDOS cross development utilities

Dave Hanna dave at dms3b1.UUCP
Tue Mar 21 21:55:50 AEST 1989

Does anyone know if there are any utility sets available
that will let you cross compile ( 'C' language) and generate
either MSDOS .obj or .exe files on the 3b1?

   I'm trying to develop a large project on a 386 clone, but
I'm maintaining the files on the 3b1.  The editor and source
code control facilities are much better here, and the clone
is tied up from 8:30 am to 3:00 pm running the application.
Since we all know the PC is not multi-tasking, that means no
development on it during those hours.

    Currently, I'm editing files on the 3b1, compiling to check
for syntax errors, then transferring them to the clone and using
Borland's turbo-C for compile and debug.  I'd rather do the
whole process here, then just transfer the .exe file.

    Anyone know of such a package (either commercial or PD)?
    Thanks.
--
Dave Hanna,  Infotouch Systems, Inc. |  "Do or do not -- There is no try"
P.O. Box 584, Bedford, TX 76095      |                        - Yoda