Hardware flow control on tty000?

Steve Wampler sbw at naucse.UUCP
Mon Apr 3 04:16:31 AEST 1989

I'd like to start by thanking all the people who helped me get my
TB+ running - I was unable to reach all of you individually (sigh).
For the record, I have it running under stock uucp with 3.5 of the OS.
However, I don't take dial-ins, so that isn't too well tested (though
I did get it up and running on another 3B1 that takes only dialins -
it's just that I haven't tested it on a 3B1 that both dials in and out).

I do, however, have a question.  Numerous people suggested I set
hardware flow control on the port (tty000) and gave TB+ settings for
that (i.e. s58=002).  How?  I don't see how to set a CTS flow control
protocol on that port (it doesn't show up as option during 'Hardware
Setup' on my system, and stty doesn't eat the 'ctscd' flag).  So
I'm running with Xon/Xoff protocol (and s58=003).  I'd prefer the other,
if someone can tell me how.  Remember that I have 3.5, not 3.51.
Thanks!

By the way, I don't use cu or async_main, just uucp and kermit, so I
locked the interface at 19200 baud - seems to cause no problems.
Maybe someone (good, not like me) can figure out how to patch cu
and async_main to take 19200?

Thanks again.
--
	Steve Wampler