uucico isn't switching roles

Rich Strebendt res at ihlpb.ATT.COM
Mon May 15 10:07:49 AEST 1989

In article <4367 at sdcc3.ucsd.EDU>, zz1ml at sdcc3.ucsd.EDU (Mick Laver) writes:
> I've set up my 7300 (Sys 3.50, uucp v 2) to poll a 3b2600 running
> HDB. Mail jobs go fine from the unixpc to the 600, but jobs queued
> on the 600 are never sent back during the connection. Since the upc
> has to poll the 600 (times=Never on the 600 for the upc) mail never
> gets sent.  From my reading of debugging at x=5, it appears that
> uucico is not switching roles on the 600 when connected to the upc
> -- it works fine for other machines.

It sounds like the sort of situation I have run into when the other machine
(the 3B2, in this case) did not allow my machine to pick up files during a
transaction, only send them.  Check the Permissions file on the 3B2 and make
sure that the entry that applies to your machine includes the strings

		REQUEST=yes SENDFILES=yes

in order to allow your machine to collect the mail files from the 3B2.

				Rich Strebendt
				...!att!ihlpj!res