uucico is eating my outgoing mail!

Pete Holsberg pjh at mccc.uucp
Sun Oct 22 02:29:49 AEST 1989

In article <9588 at marque.mu.edu> doug at marque.mu.edu (Douglas Harris) writes:
=As lenny indicates, the "expected C" message describes an occurence
=during part of the uucp protocol transaction related to file copy.
=We have found that the "Bad Read" error in this phase is most often
=related to flow control settings - somehow an XON or XOFF gets
=through to uucp, which is not expecting such a thing and rejects it.
=
=Think of this advice as the doctor moving from saying "You are sick"
=to saying "You have a cold", a MUCH more specific diagnosis :-).
=This doctor does not know the cure.

Thank you, doctor.  :-)  But I seem to have a cold all the time.  Isn't
there something you can do?  And when I get rid of this cold, is there
something I can do to avoid catching another?
--
Pete Holsberg                UUCP: {...!rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Mercer College               CompuServe: 70240,334