two hops in uucp

Richard Stueven gak at gakbox.Sun.COM
Sat Oct 28 06:33:56 AEST 1989

In article <103 at spirit.UUCP> john at spirit.UUCP (John F. Godfrey) writes:
>Is there some kind of a bug in HoneyDanBer for the 3b1 that will not
>allow two-hop transfers with uucp?  Or is it a bug in me or my syntax?
>What?  Me?  Noooo:-)
>
>Anyway, here is what I was trying to do:
>uucp -m firsthop!secondhop!/filename destinationfile

The intermediate machine has to allow "uucp" (and maybe "uux"?) in
a COMMANDS entry of /usr/lib/uucp/Permissions.

/usr/lib/uucp/Permissions is a source of great confusion to lots
of administrators.  Anyone know of a good reference?  I use the
System V Administrator Guide (*not* Manual...there's more information
about stuff like this in the Guide).

gak

Richard Stueven       gak at sun.com       ...!attmail!rstueven
***These opinions belong to Ernie and his little pal Gus.***
              ***He's mad!  Mad, I tell you!***