Stupid reposting service (was Re: SLIP/getty/printers on Terminal Servers)

Kim DeVaughn kim at uts.amdahl.com
Sun Dec 17 22:35:34 AEST 1989

In article <1989Dec17.041155.11834 at sq.sq.com>, lee at sq.sq.com (Liam R. E. Quin) writes:

> I personally welcome the postings.  We have to accept the fact that there
> is too much news to read these days.  Sigh.

I agree.  I have already pulled a number of useful tidbits off of alt.sources
since this began that I would have otherwise missed (Thanks!)

Possibly something along the lines of reposting short items in their entirety,
and pointers for the longer items would be appropriate.  The definitions of
"short" and "long" are somewhat subjective, and should probably stay that way
(I'd hate to see something nice not be reposted simply because it was a few
bytes or lines longer than some arbitrary "rule").

Also, if there is something truly "significant" (again, subjective), I would
not object to it's being reposted to alt.sources ... shouldn't happen very
often anyway.

/kim

P.S.  BTW, a complete distribution of a Forth interpreter was just recently
      posted to comp.lang.forth in about 7 or 8 parts.  It goes by the name
      "tile", and uses the GNU license.

      Dunno if it's any good or not, but it seems a pity that it'll never get
      archived ...
UUCP:  kim at amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,uunet,oliveb,ames}!amdahl!kim
DDD:   408-746-8462
BIX:   kdevaughn     GEnie:   K.DEVAUGHN     CIS:   76535,25