Stupid reposting service (was Re: SLIP/getty/printers on Terminal Servers)

Harry Skelton harrys at tons61.UUCP
Sat Dec 16 00:36:57 AEST 1989

In article <1989Dec13.061409.2126 at uokmax.ecn.uoknor.edu> jeffm at uokmax.UUCP (Jeff Medcalf) writes:

>I like the reposting service.  It is a lot less work for me to get his post
>than to look up the original article, which is important when I am short on
>time (which is most of the time).

I think the repost "service" is GREAT!  I have looked for such a program but
had little luck or time to find one.  Now that I have it I can proceed with
new plans for the network here!

If bandwidth is such a problem, why not have a field that simply states
Archive-name: file.shar
Request-route: deamon at site
Request-name: site/file/name/here

and build a script program to parse the message through and request the file
on a need to know basis.

Unlike most of the "blessed" system, we lack ftp to internet. Strickly a UUCP
and News site.

KEEP POSTING - ITS ABOUT TIME!
--
Harry Skelton - Senior Systems Administrator - U.S. Dept. of Transportation
   ..!attctc!tons61!harrys ..!obdient!tons61!harrys ..!tfd!tons61!harrys