Stupid reposting service (was Re: SLIP/getty/printers on Terminal Servers)

John G. De Armond jgd at rsiatl.UUCP
Wed Dec 13 20:50:25 AEST 1989

In article <5343 at omepd.UUCP> merlyn at iwarp.intel.com (Randal Schwartz) writes:

>Anyway, whadda y'all think?  I want to see these silly repostings of
>very long sources *stopped*.  This is not in the spirit of UseNet to
>be doing these repostings.
>
>Just another news oldtimer,

I think this service is a GREAT idea.  Combined with the indexing service,
it saves wading through all those cute non-source posts that end up in
non-moderated groups.  Maybe if we could get the user base to grow up
enough to stop posting drivel in source groups, then perhaps the
service would be unnecessary.  As it is, I'm more than willing to
spend the bandwidth and storage to accomidate the dups.

John

--
John De Armond, WD4OQC                     | The Fano Factor -
Radiation Systems, Inc.     Atlanta, GA    | Where Theory meets Reality.