Perl: MSDOS port?

Ian Phillips igp at torch.co.uk
Mon Dec 11 21:18:27 AEST 1989

dhw at itivax.iti.org (David H. West) writes:

>So is there an MSDOS port?
>And if so, where can I get it? (ftp preferred.)

>(No MSDOS flames please - I can't afford to run a real UN*X at home.)

I've had a go. I have a partly-working perl on msdos, compiled under
Turbo C.
So far: no support for backtick, globbing or anything else that needs
"fork", but "system" is almost working.
Few other problems, except that "eval.c" needs the full 640K & non-
interactive compiler.

>BTW, MKS large-model awk takes about 74K, and Gnu awk about 112K, on
>MSDOS.

Size: about 270K. Is it worth it?
PS - have you seen "bawk". A funny little thing, about 25K.