Results of alt.sources renaming poll

J Greely jgreely at oz.cis.ohio-state.edu
Sun Nov 5 05:40:56 AEST 1989

 <jgreely at cis.ohio-state.edu> writes:
>>Why not just create alt.sources.wanted?

>Dumb.  If created it will be aliased to comp.sources.wanted, here.

The idea was not so much to create a viable new group, but to cut down
on the tendency to assume that alt.sources is the correct place to
send requests.  People looking for the place to send their question
may spot a.s.w, and use it instead of bugging the volatile souls in
a.s.  If a.s.w is generally aliased to c.s.w, all the better (in fact,
I wish I'd thought of it first).

			"Since I have only received 4 replies
			 as of today I must assume I did not
			 post to a wide enough variety of