promoting Perl (was Re: uutraffic report (in perl))

Rahul Dhesi dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com
Tue Nov 28 15:26:01 AEST 1989

Here's why I didn't install Perl when it first appeared on Usenet:  The
volume of patches.  I like software that is stable, and Perl didn't
seem to be.  It's too painful to keep updating a program.  It's nicer
to have all the bugs fixed before you install the program.  That stage
never seemd to arrive for Perl.

Now with the recent Perl posting, I again see patches appearing almost
simultaneously.

Comments are welcome.

Rahul Dhesi <dhesi%cirrusl at oliveb.ATC.olivetti.com>
UUCP:  oliveb!cirrusl!dhesi