promoting Perl (was Re: uutraffic report (in perl))

Rodney Peck II rodney at sun.ipl.rpi.edu
Tue Nov 28 17:40:50 AEST 1989

Rahul> Here's why I didn't install Perl when it first appeared on
Rahul> Usenet: The volume of patches.  I like software that is stable,
Rahul> and Perl didn't seem to be.  It's too painful to keep updating
Rahul> a program.  It's nicer to have all the bugs fixed before you
Rahul> install the program.  That stage never seemd to arrive for
Rahul> Perl.

I'm using a very old version of it with no problems.
$Header: perly.c,v 2.0 88/06/05 00:09:56 root Exp $
Patch level: 0

Just having and older version doesn't stop you from using perl.

--
Rodney