gettime.c - gets another system's time

Jeff Johnson jeff at gistdev.gist.com
Tue Nov 21 17:22:02 AEST 1989

wcf at psuhcx.psu.edu (Bill Fenner) writes:

>#! /bin/sh
># This is a shell archive.  Remove anything before this line, then unpack
. . .
># Contents:  COPYING README Makefile gettime.c
. . .
># Wrapped by wcf at psuhcx on Mon Nov 20 15:07:14 1989
. . .
>echo shar: Extracting \"COPYING\" \(12488 characters\)
. . .
>echo shar: Extracting \"README\" \(719 characters\)
. . .
>echo shar: Extracting \"Makefile\" \(465 characters\)
. . .
>echo shar: Extracting \"gettime.c\" \(3593 characters\)

FLAME ON !

This is ridiculous!  Including a 12.5K license agreement for a ~4K
source program and Makefile.  The license is 3X larger than the program
and on top of that the source begins with more copyright mumbo-jumbo.

I have no problem with copyrights, licenses, GNU or their copyleft.  But
is there REALLY a need to distribute "COPYING" AGAIN?  You could have just
pointed us to one of the BILLION other copies floating on the net and
save us phone charges!

Of course I realize this flame costs money too, but maybe someone else
will think twice before doing the same thing.

This is nothing personal aimed at Bill Fenner either...

FLAME OFF

--
Jeff Johnson	Global Information Systems Technology, Inc.
1800 Woodfield Drive	Savoy, IL  61874	+1 217 352 1165