I volunteer

Otto J. Makela otto at tukki.jyu.fi
Sun Oct 15 22:11:40 AEST 1989

In article <NELSON.89Oct15004349 at image.clarkson.edu> nelson at sun.soe.clarkson.edu (Russ Nelson) writes:
   Guaranteed one day turn-around.  Is a sources-only alt.sources worth
   one day's delay?

Ok.  Could you also forward the non-source messages to alt.sources.d, to avoid
trashing them altogether ?  Most people posting to alt.sources just don't know
that there is an alt.sources.d, and they should not be punished by having their
messages go to /dev/null...

Btw, I think that sending harassing messages to people who mistakenly send
messages to alt.sources is no solution.  I've not asked anyone to become my
net.police, and I'm not either asking for volunteers... specially if these
self-appointed flamers fry me by misteak (sic) for messages that have gone
to alt.sources.d, as they should !  I can hardly think of worse waste of net
bandwidth (this message is of course 2nd on the list).
--
* * * Otto J. Makela (otto at jyu.fi, MAKELA_OTTO_ at FINJYU.BITNET) * * * * * * *
* Phone: +358 41 613 847, BBS: +358 41 211 562 (CCITT, Bell 2400/1200/300) *