.newsrc file fixer

Dik T. Winter dik at cwi.nl
Wed Oct 4 08:36:08 AEST 1989

In article <1989Oct3.170740.9636 at paris.ics.uci.edu> erickson at ics.uci.edu (Gary Erickson) writes:
 > dik at cwi.nl (Dik T. Winter) writes:
 > >But I checked.  Rn will only check for new groups if the active file is changed.
 >
 > I understand that rrn has no way to know whether or not you've already
 > been asked about a newsgroup.  We've got one news server, and all of
 > our Sun clients use rrn to get stuff from the server.  I've run into
 > the same problem.

I wonder.  I just checked out rrn too (patchlevel 40) and it shows the same
behaviour as rn.  This was both on Alliant and Sun3; they both use a Vax BSD 4.3
as server.  I checked also rrn on a Sun4 and still the same; but I do not know
where that machine finds its news.  Perheps it is a problem with the server?
INTERNET   : dik at cwi.nl
BITNET/EARN: dik at mcvax