moderation of alt.sources vs. automated harangues

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET
Thu Oct 19 03:25:53 AEST 1989

No need for an unmoderated source group??!  Thus do we trash the last
remaining pockets of original net.spirit.  Now that the moderated source
colossi are reduced to grinding out 23-part graphics packages for Turbo
C after weeks or months of delay, alt.sources is all we have left for
short, fun, timely code sharing.  Sure, I junk 90% of the stuff that
comes through and so should You, Dear Reader; but the key is that it'll
be a different 90% for everyone.  Sure, it's a problem that net.ignorami
clutter the group with discussion, but education -- not abolition -- is
the answer.  A monthly WELCOME TO ALT.SOURCES posting with a 30-day
expire would be welcome; it could remind folks to put discussion in .d
while it tells how to find 'shar' and so forth.

--
'We have luck only with women --    \\\     Tom Neff
          not spacecraft!'         *-((O    tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET