obnoxious mail

News system owner ID news at bbn.COM
Tue Oct 17 05:45:45 AEST 1989

tchrist at convex.com (Tom Christiansen) writes:
< ...  If you think alt.sources
< should be restricted, moderate it.  If not, stop bitching.

Funny, I thought alt.sources was supposed to be _un_ moderated, and
was created by the people who thought that moderating mod.sources was
facist.

USENET is a slow-moving parody of itself.  Quiz question: how many
times has a non-moderated *.source* group been quazi-post-facto
moderated by someone canceling non-source postings?

< In any case, please lay off.  I didn't subscribe to alt.sourced.d
< and had forgotten it existed.  It was not intentional misuse.
< I'm tired of fighting off the dogs.  Cut it out.

"A bit of tolerance is worth a megabyte of flaming." -- Henry Spencer
(who said it better than I could).

		-- Paul Placeway <PPlaceway at bbn.com>