Comp.sources.unix and replacing Rich Salz

Andrew Valencia vandys at sequent.uucp
Sat Dec 1 06:15:43 AEST 1990

chris at utgard.uucp (Chris Anderson) writes:
>Where are they?  Comp.sources.misc has had an opening for a new
>moderator for a month now.  I haven't seen this flood of qualified
>volunteers taking that over.  Seems like people are quick to bitch,
>but not so quick to help out.  Big surprise, eh?

I'm a little confused.  I immediately sent mail offering my services.
I received mail back indicating that 16-odd people had applied for the
job.  Since I wasn't hot on some sort of competition (I just wanted to
see the job continue to be done), I offered to withdraw.  That's the
last I heard.  If all 16 people pulled out, you know where to find me :-).
Otherwise, I expect the bottleneck lies elsewhere.  Maybe it's not so
easy handing off moderator's job....

					Just my opinions,
					Andy Valencia
					vandys at sequent.com