Comp.sources.unix and replacing Rich Salz

John Antypas johnan at mchale.ism.isc.com
Sat Dec 1 03:52:38 AEST 1990

While Rich may be unable to handle the archives, it should be noted that
Rich does not, in fact, earn his living from this.  USENET is a cooperative
net.  Perhaps we could achived the on-demand response people want if we
starting earning some cash from it -- say by charging by the packet like
CSNet or with hook-up costs like Internet.  In short, you get what you pay
for.  If Rich is unable to do this for us, he's most likely simply got
too much WORK to do.  If we don't like it, perhaps we could either:

- Come up with a way to hire Rich full time to do this job
- Come up with a way to lesten the load on Rich *AND* other future
  moderators.

USENET, despite what some people think, is not free, and the costs are
not those of a call to UUNet et al.
John Antypas / Interactive Systems Corp. .!uunet!ism!johnan johnan at ism.isc.com
All statements belong to author.

"Help!  I've crashed -- and I can't reboot!!" -- oracle at iuvax.cs.indiana.edu