elvis is great so far. No masking of 8th bit noticed yet.

Einar Indridason einari at rhi.hi.is
Fri Dec 14 21:47:10 AEST 1990

That elvis editor is great once I got it working under Turbo-C (by
ignoring a whole lot of warnings)

I haven't noticed yet if it mask the 8th bit, but I sincerely hope so.

It has as an :set-option   :set flipcase="aAeE"  which is great.  No
more hacking the source to make it compatible to Icelandic, just
'set flipcase="<our icelandic characters>"

Thanks Steve Kirkendall.  I have just started 'checking out' vi vs.
emacs.

No editor war, please.

Thanks again.

--
Internet:    einari at rhi.hi.is        |   "Just give me my command line and drag
UUCP:    ..!mcsun!isgate!rhi!einari  |   the GUIs to the waste basket!!!!"

General Surgeons warning:  Masking the 8th bit can seriously damage your brain!!