package to monitor your internet connections

Wietse Venema wietse at wzv.win.tue.nl
Sat Dec 1 23:11:28 AEST 1990

brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu (Dan Bernstein) writes:

>[plug]

Dan, you are missing the point.  My trivial daemon front-end programs
are for those who lack the time, expertise etc.  to port, install and
maintain anything that requires more than just renaming a couple of
executables.

More and more systems on the Internet are being administered by less and
less wizard-type persons (such as me).  It is this category that is most
vulnerable to attack, but that also is entirely dependent on vendors to
adopt more powerful technology such as the `auth' package.