The responsibilities of volunteers

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Sat Dec 1 05:18:37 AEST 1990

According to brad at looking.on.ca (Brad Templeton):
>People who work to build usenet do things, but they have
>no duty to do so.

I'll agree with this statement, as far as it goes.  But this vital
adjunct must not be omitted:

   A person who accepts a volunteer job has a responsibility
   either (1) to do the job or (2) to resign.

Rich Salz is not doing his job.  The obligation on him now is either
(1) to resume the wonderful job he has done in the past, or (2) to
resign and let someone else do it.

In other words, Rich:  "Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
--
Chip Salzenberg at Teltronics/TCT     <chip at tct.uucp>, <uunet!pdn!tct!chip>
    "I've been cranky ever since my comp.unix.wizards was removed