Read this if you're having trouble unpacking Tcl

Steve Lamont slamont at network.ucsd.edu
Fri Dec 28 10:29:23 AEST 1990

In article <97261639 at bfmny0.BFM.COM> tneff at bfmny0.BFM.COM (Tom Neff) writes:
>It isn't necessary to 'eyeball' the whole 1.2MB in order to decide
>whether you want it.  One can eyeball the first few components, or
>search for something specific you want or dislike (socket calls, VMS
>references, the regexp parser, etc).  ....

I don't really have much to add to Tom's discussion re: uuencoded vs.
cleartext files in source groups, other than I agree wholeheartedly with him
that it seems that cleartext is probably the way to go.

However, I'd like to make a small request of those generous souls who share
the fruits of their labors with the net.  That request is to please include a
reasonably full synopsis of what the posted source is supposed to do.  While I
can usually figure out what a piece of code does by some amount of study, it
would be preferable not to have to do so.  Even putting the man page as the
first shar'ed file would be helpful.

Thanx.

							spl (the p stands for
							pity the poor reader)
--
Steve Lamont, SciViGuy -- 1882p at cc.nps.navy.mil -- a guest on network.ucsd.edu
NPS Confuser Center / Code 51 / Naval Postgraduate School / Monterey, CA 93943